I am spending this weekend with my husband’s family. Whenever we are all together for a weekend like this, the general pastime is playing cards. Sometimes we mix it up with a board game, but generally we just sit, chat, play, drink and eat. There is always something or other to munch on, invariably tasty but not always the healthiest option.
With this in mind, I made Happy Thanksgiving Trail Mix
Trail Mix is really whatever you want it to be, but if you like the look of mine, here’s what’s in it;
– 2 cups of shredded wheat cereal
– 2 cups of caramel popcorn
– 2 cups of pretzel wafers
– 2 cups of mixed nuts (walnuts, Brazil nuts, cashews, and almonds)
– 2 handfuls of dried cranberries
– 1/2 cup candy corn
– 1/2 cup orange & brown Smarties
It’s a delicious mix of salty, sugary, and chocolaty seasonal flavours, without being overly indulgent. At least we are getting some fiber and protein in us.
Enjoy and happy Thanksgiving!