Ask your mom and she will tell you that the most treasured Mother’s Day gifts are the ones you made her when you were a kid. You know, the crappy crayon pictures of you and her together, construction paper flowers, and those ‘adorable’ fill-in the blank cards that read something like;
My mom’s the best because she always maks my lunch. My mom’s job is cleaning the house, and her favourite hobby is making me diner … etc.
Yes, that is a direct quote from my life from when I was a self-centered little prick (a.k.a. a child). Yet my mom loved it and even though I am grown up now and can afford to buy my mom flowers and brunches and hallmark cards, she still likes the handmade gifts the best. This year I’m giving my mom a bottle of my home-made linen spray.
What You Need
- Distilled water (mine is from Loblaws)
- Witch hazel (mine is from WalMart)
- Essential oil (mine is from New Directions Aromatics)
- Plastic 8 0z. bottle (mine is from Nature’s Garden)
- Label and a pen
What You Do
- Start by adding 2 tsp (10 mL) of witch hazel into the bottle.
- Add about 30 drops of oil, screw on cap and shake.
- Fill the bottle with distilled water.
- Label and you’re done!
Linen is inherently wrinkly and needs to be sprayed damp before it can be ironed. Scented linen spray will add a yummy light scent to the fabric. You can also use it as a room spray, spritz it on furniture, curtains, and in the car. I made a French Lavender and Lemongrass but there literally hundreds of essential oils to choose from.
Happy Mother’s Day!